Southwestern Travel Group (http://southwesterntravel.com/) is a member of the 150+ year old Southwestern Family of Companies. Southwestern Travel Group is a full-service tour operator that specializes in group travel ranging from student group travel to meetings and incentive trip planning.
Headquartered in Nashville, TN, Southwestern Travel Group is part of a diversified, growing, international, employee-owned corporation with 20+ companies representing a variety of industries including Sales Training and Coaching, Publishing, Real Estate, Talent Acquisition and Financial Services.
Unique in the marketplace, Southwestern Travel Group is able to leverage existing internal relationships while expanding their offering to external client partners. At the heart of our mission is the pursuit of excellence and being the best tour operator at winning and keeping customers.
Reporting directly to the President & Founder, the Travel Coordinator represents the Company on significant business matters and serves as the primary point of contact to ensure all travel needs are met in the most cost-effective manner. This position is responsible for creating and updating travel itineraries for clients to meet trip requirements. The Travel Coordinator manages client accounts independently, and maintains a collaborative and professional relationship with sales representatives and team members. This position negotiates contracts with travel vendors to determine group rates for hotels, transportation, meals, and activities. The Travel Coordinator also creates and manages trip budgets for each client group. This position provides excellent service to customers while demonstrating the company values and supporting the mission.
Our travel coordinator position is designed to accelerate the careers of high performing candidates and prepare them for leadership in business. You will play a critical role in developing strategies and identifying opportunities to improve the customer experience. Benefits of the program include training in operations, products, marketing and industry trends, presentations and public speaking and dedicated mentors. This program is a great way to build your career with a well-funded and growing travel company.
Essential duties and responsibilities includes:
(Other duties may be assigned)
- Represent the Company on significant business matters and serve as the primary point of contact with sales representatives, vendors, travel suppliers, corporate departments, and customers
- Responsible for creating and updating travel itineraries for clients to meet trip requirements
- Manage client accounts independently. Notify manager of matters of significance
- Maintain a collaborative and professional relationship with consultants, sales representatives and team members
- Negotiate contracts with travel vendors to determine group rates for hotels, transportation, meals, and activities
- Create and manage trip budgets for each client group. Monitor and reconcile spending to ensure adherence to event budget
- Maintain the Company database to ensure information integrity and accuracy. Responsible for creating new customer and vendor accounts
- Generate and monitor invoicing for group travel events
- Produce spending reports highlighting vendor costs and areas under budget
- Responsible for addressing group travel related questions and inquiries received by phone or email
- Monitor the volume for room nights and meeting rooms. Advise clients on ways to secure additional savings based on usage
- Responsible for ordering, maintaining inventory, and distributing swag and other marketing materials
- Address off-hours travel-related emergencies and issues
- Research and recommend proactive and innovative initiatives and programs that will result in improved processes
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional associations
- Enter all new customer data and other sales data for current customers into customer database
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Read, analyze and interpret general business information
- Build & maintain reports, spreadsheets and databases to measure business performance
- Working knowledge of a CRM
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured environment with minimal supervision
- Organized and detail-oriented individual who values open and constant communication teammates
- Believes in having fun and values helping others succeed in their personal and professional lives
- Gets stuff DONE!
- Sets a goal and then takes action to conquer it
- Is always learning and growing
- Desires to be a part of something larger than themselves
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Remote Position-Duties can be performed anywhere- Work from home position
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends)
- Duties may require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane, approximately 20% of the time spent traveling