Leisure Travel Sales Agent
Southwestern Travel Group (http://southwesterntravel.com/) is a member of the 150+ year old Southwestern Family of Companies. Southwestern Travel Group is a full-service travel agency, passionately committed to providing our team members and customers with Value, Safety, and Total Peace of Mind in all things related Travel.
Headquartered in Nashville, TN, Southwestern Travel Group is part of a diversified, growing, international, employee-owned corporation with 20+ companies representing a variety of industries including Sales Training and Coaching, Publishing, Real Estate, Talent Acquisition and Financial Services.
Unique in the marketplace, Southwestern Travel Group is able to leverage existing internal relationships while expanding their offering to external client partners. At the heart of their mission is the belief that travel is an extension of the journey of life.
Reporting directly to the President & Founder, the Leisure Travel Sales Agents supports the business objectives for the organization by selling, consulting, and advising travel clients on destination planning. Responsibilities involve identifying clients’ travel goals, finding suitable hotels or resorts, and booking accommodations within a budget. As well as, offer advice and opinions on where to go discussing local tourist attractions, events and customs.
This program is designed to accelerate the careers of high performing candidates and prepare them for leadership in business. You will play a critical role in developing customer acquisition and retention strategies and identifying opportunities to improve the customer experience. Benefits of the program include training in sales, product, marketing and industry trends, coaching in consultative selling techniques, presentations and public speaking and dedicated mentors. This program is a great way to build your career with a well-funded and growing travel company and assist in building a travel book of business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDES:
(Other duties may be assigned)
- Assist customers with multi-faceted leisure travel plans and advise them of travel needs.
- Build relationships with a variety of customers, understand their wants, anticipate their needs and determine the best products to match their vacation desires and travel style.
- Research destinations, fares, hotels, flights, rental car services, suppliers
- Responsible for day-to-day cashiering with service fees, attraction ticket sales, other purchases.
- Develop, build, and manage a client base of travel accounts
- Be accountable for daily metrics and enter in Critical Success Factors into CSF tool.
- Top Sales Producer
- Practioner in the art of travel and sales and have a passion for self-development
- Network and attend annual conventions & trade shows as it relates to booking travel both domestically and internationally
- Network and promote travel services locally (city chambers) presenting best practices and travel pro tips to potential clients
- Ability to self-generate leads as well as build lasting client relationships
- Oversee the sales process at each stage and follow up with clients regularly as needed
- Target new travel client types
- Follow the training process for sales
- Onboard new travel clients
- Provide solutions to travel related problems clients may have
- Learn new software and maintain good computer skills
WHO YOU ARE AS A TRAVEL SALES AGENT
You are passionately driven to excel in a sales role while providing the best products and services to SWFC members and external customers. You are a self-starter who understands the importance of a solid, dependable work ethic. You have a desire to create your profile of travel customers and you value the long-term goals and financial success of being a fully commissioned Travel Sales Agent.
- Customer Service Experience
- Experience in a work environment meeting and exceeding sales goals
- Ability to multi-task in a detail oriented environment
- Consultative Sales Experience, including cross-selling
- Hospitality, Travel or Tourism related college degree
- Base knowledge of North American Geography and Travel Destinations
- Base book of business
- Must pass background check
- Drive for Results – demonstrates a results focused bias for action
- Data & Analytics – leverages data science, analysis and analytical processes to identify trends, opportunities and drive results
- Collaborative – works well with individuals and groups to achieve common goals
- Critical/Strategic Thinking – offers objective review of facts and options to make logical business decision; forward thinking with organizational goals in mind
- Business Acumen – keenness and quickness in understanding business risks and opportunities
- Influencing – Achieves goals through effective and appropriate interaction with leaders, peers, employees, partners, and contacts
- Organized and detail-oriented individual
- Believes in having fun
- Values helping others succeed in their personal and professional lives
- Gets stuff DONE
- Sets a goal and then takes action to conquer it
- Is always learning and growing
- Desires to be a part of something larger than themselves
- This position involves sitting, standing, walking and normal physical mobility, including reaching, grabbing lifting, and carrying typical office equipment, averaging up to approximately 80 pounds in weight.
- Finger and hand dexterity is required for frequent and continuous operation of all office equipment.
- Normal or corrected hearing to the level of ability to receive detailed information orally and to accurately understand normal conversations, both in person and on the telephone.
- Ability to process, express and exchange information orally, in writing, presentations and through online applications.
- Mental and emotional ability to work effectively in a busy and unstructured environment with minimal supervision, interacting with people and dealing with difficult situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This description is not intended to be a complete statement of the position, but rather to act as a guide to the general work to be performed and responsibilities of the role. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.