Did you Know?
- With over a thousand years of history, Uzhhorod is rich in culture. It is located in the southwest corner of Ukraine where four countries come together: Slovakia, Hungary, Romania and Poland.
- It has a large university with 15% of its population being university students.
- The Romani live in squalid camps within the city and face extraordinary persecution and discrimination.
- An influx of displaced people from the 2014 Russian invasion has led to additional challenges in the area.
What to Expect
Potential Trip Projects
- Work is carried forth with Romani churches to improve living conditions in camps through clean drinking water, improved classrooms, access to medicine, elderly care, and garbage removal to name a few.
- Hope and help is provided to Romani youth to complete their secondary education and pursue higher education.
- Work with local international students to help bring them closer to Christ.
- Lead summer camps for at-risk children – orphans, refugees, single-parent homes.
- Love on orphans in Uzhhorod and make sure abandoned babies are held each day.
- Partner with a government pilot program to eradicate orphanages and train local Christians to mentor the orphans.
Personal & Spiritual Growth
- At night, your mission leader will help unpack the day: what you saw, how you felt and what God was showing you. A devotion has been written for this mission trip to help guide the process of opening your heart, exploring your faith and getting closer to Jesus.