Did you Know?
- Jamaica is both a land of beauty and a land in need. The deaf population of the country represent an unreached group.
- They are treated as second-class citizens that are unable to vote or drive. The three school campuses along with the Jamaica Deaf Village serve as a place where the deaf can worship and be nurtured in a safe, Spirit-filled environment.
What to Expect
Potential Trip Projects
- Service in Jamaica is centered around the schools and ministering to the deaf population. Tasks might include:
- Ministering at the schools for the deaf & surrounding communities
- Construction and maintenance
- Working with orphanages/infirmary (ministry/construction)
- Vocational training and church planting
Personal & Spiritual Growth
- At night, your mission leader will help unpack the day: what you saw, how you felt and what God was showing you. A devotion has been written for this mission trip to help guide the process of opening your heart, exploring your faith and getting closer to Jesus.