Welcome to Greece—a country of historical heroes, mythological legends, and so many olives.
Your group’s epic saga begins in Athens, a city as beautiful as it is old. Journey to Delphi, where Alexander the Great asked the oracle of Apollo who would be the fairest conqueror of them all (spoiler: it was him). Explore the capital of northern Greece, enjoy views of Mt. Olympus, and eat feta everywhere in between. This is Greece. This is history come to life.
Day 1-3 Athens, Greece
• Fly overnight to Greece
• Meet your tour director at the airport
• Take a guided tour of Athens
• Visit the Acropolis Museum, home to ancient ruins and pre-historic artifacts
• Take a walking tour of Athens
• Dinner in Athens
Day 4-5 Delphi, Thermopylae, and Meteora region
• Travel to the Delphi region, where Greek mythology meets Macedonian history
• Take a guided tour of Delphi
• Visit the Delphi Museum
• Explore on your own or cooking class
• Travel via Thermopylae to the Meteora region
• Stretch your legs at the battle site of Thermopylae, and strike your best Spartan pose for a photo
• Visit a Meteora monastery, a town suspended in the “middle of the sky”
• Tour a Meteora monastery with an expert local guide
• Travel via Dion to Thessaloniki
• Stop in the traditional Greek village of Litochoro and enjoy famously awesome views of Mt. Olympus as you travel to Dion
• Take a guided tour of Dion
• Take a guided tour of Thessaloniki, Greece’s second largest city and hip northern capital.
• Take a guided tour of Pella, birthplace of Alexander the Great.
• Travel via Platamonas to Athens
• Explore on your own