“PURA VIDA” – pure life – is Costa Rica’s widespread motto. When you visit, you’ll discover what it’s all about.
Costa Rica is a small country of about 4 million inhabitants with the highest GDP per capita of any Central American nation. An oasis of tranquility and perfect for any student group. Tourists the world over have increasingly flocked to this country in recent years to explore its pristine beaches, marvel at tropical forests and explore trails where white-faced monkeys, sloths, iguanas, stunning flowers, rare plants and other wonders abound. Surfers, adventurers and nature lovers are known to find a common love for this gorgeous land and never look back.
The culture in Costa Rica has various influences: only 1% of the country is of indigenous descent, and the rest are a mix of mostly white and mestizo ethnic groups. Afro-Caribbean culture is present in music, dance and food, lending its colorful traditions and cuisine to the modern influences of a growing economy and infrastructure.
• Fly to Costa Rica and meet your Tour Director at the airport
• Travel to Sarapiquí
• Take a tour of a coffee plantation
• Explore on your own or Sarapiquí canopy tour
• Enjoy a whitewater rafting excursion
• Take a tour at Tirimbina Biological Reserve where you will hike across suspension bridge to former cocoa-growing plot to learn about the cocoa tree and the history of chocolate (and taste some too!)
• Travel to Arenal
• Visit Arenal Volcano National Park + Arenal hot springs.
• Enjoy a kayaking trip on Lake Arenal
• Visit La Fortuna Waterfall
• Travel to Guanacaste
• Visit Rincón de la Vieja National Park
• Take a boat tour in Palo Verde National Park
• Enjoy a snorkeling activity
• Travel home on day eight