Group Travel Sales Consultant
Southwestern Travel Group (https://southwesterntravel.com/) is a member of the 150+ year old Southwestern Family of Companies. Southwestern Travel Group is a full-service travel agency that specializes in group travel ranging from student group travel to meetings and incentive trip planning.
Headquartered in Nashville, TN, Southwestern Travel Group is part of a diversified, growing, international, employee-owned corporation with 20+ companies representing a variety of industries including Sales Training and Coaching, Publishing, Real Estate, Talent Acquisition and Financial Services.
Unique in the marketplace, Southwestern Travel Group is able to leverage existing internal relationships while expanding their offering to external client partners. At the heart of their mission is the belief that travel is an extension of the journey of life.
Reporting directly to the President & Founder, the Group Travel Sales Consultant supports the business objectives for the organization by selling, consulting, and advising group travel clients on destination planning. This may include working on remote assignments and planning all types of group travel, including student groups and missions, incentives, meetings and events.
Our Sales Development Program is designed to accelerate the careers of high performing candidates and prepare them for leadership in business. You will play a critical role in developing customer acquisition and retention strategies and identifying opportunities to improve the customer experience. Benefits of the program include training in sales, product, marketing and industry trends, coaching in consultative selling techniques, presentations and public speaking and dedicated mentors. This program is a great way to build your career with a well-funded and growing travel company.
Essential duties and responsibilities includes:
(Other duties may be assigned)
- Develop, build, and manage a client base of travel accounts
- Be accountable for daily metrics and enter in Critical Success Factors into CSF tool
- Top Sales Producer
- Practioner in the art of travel and sales and have a passion for self-development
- Work independently on a day-to-day basis while also communicating with other members of the Southwestern Travel Group team on a weekly, if not daily, basis by phone, email, CRM and CSF tools, etc.
- Network and attend annual conventions & trade shows as it relates to booking travel both domestically and internationally (including but not limited to FAM Trips, CLIA events, ASTA, CONNECT, IMEX or other networking events that are in your home city etc).
- Network and promote Southwestern Travel Group locally (city chambers) presenting best practices and travel pro tips to potential clients
- Ability to self-generate leads as well as build lasting client relationships
- Oversee the sales process at each stage working closely with the in house operations team to quote, contract and fulfill the group travel requests. Follow up with clients regularly as needed
- Target new travel client types including but not limited to Student Groups, Performance Groups, Leisure Affinity Groups- Wine, Golf, Spa, Yoga Groups, Mastermind Groups, Bank Groups, Senior Groups & City Chamber Groups etc.)
- Review internal client lists for potential group travel business
- Build relationships with sales consultants from the different operating divisions of the Southwestern Family of Companies to encourage warm sales leads for domestic and international group travel
- Follow the training process for sales travel consultants
- Work with operations team to onboard new travel clients
- Provide solutions to travel related problems clients may have
- Learn new software and maintain good computer skills
- Enter all new customer data and other sales data for current customers into customer database
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Read, analyze and interpret general business information
- Build & maintain reports, spreadsheets and databases to measure business performance
- Working knowledge of a CRM
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured environment with minimal supervision
- Organized and detail-oriented individual who values open and constant communication teammates
- Believes in having fun and values helping others succeed in their personal and professional lives
- Gets stuff DONE!
- Sets a goal and then takes action to conquer it
- Is always learning and growing
- Desires to be a part of something larger than themselves
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Remote Position-Duties can be performed anywhere- Work from home position
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends)
- Duties may require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane, approximately 20% of the time spent traveling